We understand that our students arrive with differing levels of English, so we ensure that our language support is tailored to every student.
Designed for international students with a lower level of English. The CATS Extra Program offers small classes and regular language assessment in the core credit bearing areas of study. Additional support in maths, science, history, academic English and literature means that you will gain the necessary English language skills to prepare you for mainstream classes.
Be your best at:
- Average class size: 12
- For those entering Grades 9–10
- Minimum English level of TOEFL 35
- You will study all credit-bearing core subjects as with the High School Diploma
- Continuous assessment of English language progress with personal advisors
See the CATS Extra electives
In this program, you will:
- Be taught by knowledgeable ESL teachers
- Improve overall English comprehension
- Gain confidence
- Learn and develop subject specific vocabulary
- Proceed to mainstream classes once completed
- Receive continued ESL support in English Literature, History, and Science.