We understand that our students arrive with differing levels of English, so we ensure that our language support is tailored to every student.
If you arrive with a low level of English, the CATS Extra Program will provide you with necessary language skills and prepare you for mainstream classes.
- Average class size: 12–15 students
- For those entering Grades 9–10
- Minimum English level of TOEFL 35/IELTS 3.5
- You will study all credit-bearing core subjects as with the High School Diploma
- Continuous assessment of English language progress with personal advisors
See the CATS Extra electives
In this program, you will:
- Be taught by knowledgeable ESL teachers
- Improve overall English comprehension
- Gain confidence
- Learn and develop subject specific vocabulary
- Proceed to mainstream classes once completed
- Receive continued ESL support in English Literature, History, and Science.