The Scholars Program offers extra cultural and educational experiences to top students at CATS Academy Boston.
Scholars at Williams College, Massachusetts
Harvard-Penn football game
Submarine Force Library and Museum
Scholars admire the view over The Berkshires
Winter's day trip to Connecticut
Scholars visit Connecticut College
Scholars at the College of Engineering, Boston University
Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
Membership in the Scholars Program is limited to 20 students in the school. Students may apply after one semester at CATS Academy Boston, and are selected based on academic excellence, passion for learning, and understanding of the importance of service. Once admitted, members need to continue to meet high academic standards.
Members can expect to attend at least one trip per month. Activities include dinners in Boston with visits to university lectures or museums, theatre, and concerts. Past trips include seeing a professor from Stanford speak at MIT on the future of clean energy, or the head of the Government department at Harvard speak on Russian-American relations. The Scholars Program has made regular trips to Boston’s Museum of Fine Arts and Salem’s Peabody Essex Museum amongst others.
Class of 2018 Scholars Program
- Aleksandra, ESL award 2017
- Vitalii, Silver House captain 2017-18
- Suet, Art award 2017
- Anna, Youth CITIES L3 Innovation Challenge 2017
- Veronika, Student Government Vice President 2017-18
- Alice, English award 2017, History award 2017 award 2017, third year in Scholars Program
- Byron, Math award 2016, Youth CITIES L3 Innovation Challenge 2017, fourth year in Scholars Program
- Amber, Youth CITIES March-to-May Boot Camp 2016
- Alexia, Economics award 2017
- Victoria, Student Government Treasurer 2016-18, third year in Scholars Program
- Augustine, Overall Science award 2017, Youth Cities L3 Innovation Challenge 2017